Here is one of our favorite fall soup recipes that will warm you right up! Everyone in the family will love it.
Creamy Bacon Potato Soup
- 6 slices of our Originial Bacon or about ½ package of our Original Tidbits (for more flavor)
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 3 large potatoes
- 2 tbsp flour
- 1 onion (chopped)
- A little evaporated milk
- Fry bacon and save grease.
- Cook chopped onion in bacon grease.
- After the onions are cooked, stir in the flour to make a roux. Stir continuously so that it does not burn. It should form a thick paste the consistency of a lightly bubbling cake frosting. Once all of the raw flour has cooked off (about 1-2 minutes), it is ready.
- Slowly add chicken broth to roux.
- Add potatoes to mixture.
- Let simmer for 1 hour. During this time, chop up bacon pieces.
- Add a little evaporated milk.
- Add our chopped Originial Bacon or about ½ package Original Tidbits.