3 Bacon Super Bowl Dishes to Make the Crowd Go Wild
1. BLT Dip
- 12 strips Cracked Pepper Bierman Bacon
- ½ c. mayonnaise
- ½ c. sour cream
- 2 plum tomatoes, chopped
- ¼ c. chives, chopped
- Mix mayonnaise and sour cream, then add plum tomatoes, bacon, and chives.
- Season with pepper and chill.
2. Brown Sugar Bacon Smokies
- 1 package Prime Rib Bierman Bacon
- 1 package mini smokies
- ½ c. brown sugar
- ¼ tsp. Cayenne pepper or to taste
- Preheat your oven to 425° F and line a baking sheet with foil.
- Cut bacon strips into thirds. Then wrap 1 piece of bacon around each mini smokie and secure with a toothpick.
- Mix brown sugar and cayenne pepper and roll each smokie in the mixture.
- Place on foil-lined pan and bake for 10 minutes
- Flip smokies and bake for another 10 minutes or until bacon is crispy.
3. Bacon Beer Cheese
- 6 slices Original Bierman Bacon
- 2 Tbsp. butter
- ¼ c. flour
- 1 c. cream
- 1 c. beer
- 1 Tbsp. Dijon mustard
- ½ tsp. smoked paprika
- 2 c. grated cheddar cheese
- Scallions, chopped
- Cook bacon in a saucepan. Remove the bacon and leave the drippings.
- Melt butter with drippings, then add flour and cook over medium heat stirring constantly for 2 minutes.
- Add cream, beer, mustard, and paprika. Let simmer for 5 minutes.
- Stir in cheddar cheese until melted.
- Serve topped with bacon and scallions.