Here are two of our favorite bacon-based cocktails that we’ve been loving for Fall. The Maple Bacon Cider recipe is for anyone craving a sweeter drink, and the Bacon Bloody Mary is for savory sippers. You can make them for yourself or make them for guests, but you’ll definitely be wanting more!
If you’re more of a simple person, you can cook up some of our Cracked Pepper Bacon and pair it with a wheat beer, like Blue Moon or Samuel Adams.
Maple Bacon Cider (1 serving)
For the Bacon Vodka:
- 3 slices bacon - we recommend our Apple Cinnamon Bacon or Original Bacon!
- 375 milliliters vodka
For the Cocktail:
- 4 ounces hard cider - we recommend Angry Orchard
- 1 ounce bacon-infused vodka
- 1 splash maple syrup
- 1 dash bitters
- Bacon slice, for garnish - we recommend our Apple Cinnamon Bacon or Original Bacon!
Making Bacon Infused Vodka
1. Fry your bacon and save the fat.
2. Let bacon fat cool for a few minutes.
3. Fill a clean mason jar with vodka and add bacon fat to it.
4. Let jar rest at room temperature for 4-6 hours.
5. Place jar in freezer for 30 mins, or until bacon fat solidifies.
6. Place a cheesecloth / coffee filter in a fine mesh strainer resting on top of a clean jar or bowl and slowly pour the infused vodka into the filter. All of the bacon fat should be caught in the filter and if some goes through, repeat this step until your vodka is clean.
7. Put bacon infused vodka into a clean jar.
Making the Cocktail
1. Pour hard cider, bacon vodka, maple syrup, and bitters into a cocktail shaker.
2. Then add ice.
3. Stir well.
4. Strain into a glass.
Bacon Bloody Mary (6 servings)
- 1/4 cup kosher salt for rimming glasses
- 2 lemons
- 6 cups tomato juice
- 3/4 cup bacon vodka
- 1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 6 generous dashes hot sauce
- 6 strips thick bacon crisply cooked and drained - we recommend our Cracked Pepper Bacon or Cajun Bacon!
- 6 celery stalks I like the tender inner stalks with leaves
- 12 large pimento-stuffed green olives
1. Salt your rims! Pour the salt in a saucer larger than your glasses. Cut one of the lemons in half and run the cut side around the edge of a glass. Dip in the salt and set aside to dry. Repeat with remaining glasses and set aside to dry.
2. Squeeze the juice from the lemons into a large pitcher.
3. Add the tomato juice, bacon vodka, Worcestershire sauce, pepper, salt and hot sauce and stir!
4. Fill six glasses with ice and pour the Bloody Mary mixture over. Garnish with our Cracked Pepper Bacon or Cajun Bacon strips, celery sticks, olives, and any additional garnishes you wish. 6 servings.